Saturday, February 4, 2012

Toddlers Mastering New Territory

Ta dah!!! Friday was a great day for Jude. You see, it was on this day that Jude mastered the one and only, playground Fire Pole. After months of observing other kids, he finally mustered up the nerve to take that first scary step off the treehouse's top floor, situate himself safely on the spiral pole, then slide down to the ground. Little did I know that I would learn first-hand how truly frightening this feat can be. Once Jude felt comfortable riding this baby, he decided that Bubbie should do it, too!  Yikes!  Little kids can be so persuasive! Next time I'll just stick with the Cheerleader-Photographer position! 
Happy  playing,
Bubbie and Jude
P.S. Please share with us your grandchildren's first major accomplishments and how it made them feel!
Related Articles:

2 comments:

  1. My daredevil 10-year-old grandson insisted on riding his RipStik down the ramps at the skateboard park. He got a real adrenaline rush from it, but he hasn't asked to go back, so I guess he scared himself a little. (I was scared a lot.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so glad I'm some years away from that sport!

    ReplyDelete