Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Element of Surprise

When I cranked the knob to get old Jack to pop out of his box, it was never as surprising or funny until Jude mastered it himself!  Now I find myself laughing just as hard as Jude as he jumps as high as Jack, each and every time he gets to the "pop goes the weasel" part. Although we both know what's coming up, it still cracks us up! This is a toy that's been around, some say since the 1500's, but seems to continue to entertain, even the grandparents among us.
P.S. Let us know some vintage toys that you've found your grandkids to still appreciate and enjoy!
Keep 'em laughing,
Bubbie and Jude
Related Article:
Jack-In-The-Box Toy

2 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of when my grandchildren were younger. They loved to play hide-and-seek, but as soon as "it" called "ready or not," they could not stand the suspense, and they would come bursting out of their hiding places, laughing and screaming.

    About the classic toys: My dad kept some old Fisher Price toys at his house, and the grandkids and great-grandkids loved them. It was part of the ritual of visiting PawPaw's house to drag out the basket of toys. He had the school bus and a little house and some of the little people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought back some great memories of visiting my grandpop, always excited to pull out his box of games from the living room closet. My favorite was, (I think it was called) Chinese Checkers. Thanks for reminding me. Hadn't thought about that for years!

    ReplyDelete