Friday, June 24, 2011

Seesaws and other Playground Fun

Not only is this playground seesaw a four-seater, but it's spring won't allow anyone to be dropped to the ground, like when I was a kidlet! What a great improvement!  It took us several tries as kids to figure out that you always wanted your turn with someone lighter than yourself.  I can still feel the "thud" when I would hit the ground unexpectedly, and my "supposed" friend would take off to play on something else...like the swings.  Well, that was Jude's next stop after the seesaw and then the slides, and then the climbing toy...and then, and then, this bubbie was ready for the sleeping toy!
Happy playing,
Bubbie and Jude
P.S.  What's your grandchild's favorite playground toy?

1 comment:

  1. My grandkids are older than Jude, but they are currently enamored with a giant rope pyramid that has been installed at a park near my home. They will play on it for an hour at a time.

    Those old-fashioned seesaws did occasionally deliver a good thump, but we learned some elementary physics by figuring out how to balance the two sides.

    ReplyDelete