Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lovies, and Blankies, and Binkies...oh, my!



Just the other day, I discovered my grandson offering to share his precious, satiny "lovie" with the cat.  This was amazing to me!  Not one of my three children would have shared their blankies with anyone or any living thing.  The best they would do, when no one was looking, was to allow a favorite plush or doll to borrow it for a short time, while under their watchful eyes.  I found that blankies, lovies and binkies, take on a life of their own.  They become a he or a she, always need protecting, never need washing, can withstand the most treacherous excursions, and are able to calm and soothe, during the most critical times!  Hey!  That sounds pretty good to me!  Maybe I ought to get one for myself?
Sweet dreams,
Bubbie
P.S. How about a "blankie" story of your own?
Related Articles and Products:
Personalized Baby Blankie 
Blankets and Soft Toys Soothe Baby and You 
Project Linus 

No comments:

Post a Comment