Taking the little ones shopping for groceries doesn't have to be a problem, especially if you follow the rules:
1. Shop at off-hours (2 a.m. to 5 a.m.)
2. Let children buy whatever they want.
3. Allow children to eat whatever they want as you shop.
All joking aside, here are a few tips that worked for me:
- Before shopping everyone was fed, went to the bathroom and already napped.
- I organized my shopping list clustering items on same aisles together (best I could).
- Tried to shop at less busy times.
- Had the kids help find items on grocery list.
- Brought or bought a healthy snack for kids to eat while paying, to avoid the candy temptation at check-out.
How about sharing some favorites that worked for you?
Keeping it fun,
Bubbie and Jude
Grocery Shopping With Toddlers
Simple Grocery Shopping Games